Pages

Friday, 28 August 2009

My Canteen

i am 31.5 weeks now and i have lost my appetite to eat my own food...probably due to lack of creativity and laziness ! ha
so recently my canteen has been this Malaysian Malay restaurant , 10
minutes away from my home called

Puji-puji restaurant at balls ponds road, near hackney.

The beef Rendang is definitely my favourite.. lots of spices in there
and it's not expensive..

my next fav, the one i have almost every time i go there is their
grilled fish in banana leaf over charcoal... like BBQ... malay is
called Ikan Bakar... it's spicy and sour... lovely !!!

i also like their curry laksa.. different version from the Kuala
lumpur one, less chili and you can taste the shrimp in it.

Albert's favourite is my favourite (of course ) Ha ha.. He also like
lamb shank.. huge one and it only costs £9!!

Price is very reasonable. Business is good because everything is
real.. made from blended spices.

Definitely worth more than a trip for you.. if you want to taste real Malay food
in London.

As for now, as long as me and my lazy-to-cook mood.. it has been my canteen la.







All photos by Yik Yu, my primary school friend, except the last 2 of my artistic attempts. The green Ice shredder and Albert with his machine


The huge lamb shank cost only £9 while Albert the kid is busy with his spider game
It's obviously bigger than my mouth la

Teh O ice...
Teh tarik ginger , like capuccino , look at those froth

Only Malaysian use fork and spoon as for Albert, he is definitely fork and knife person

Yik yu asked mommy or kid? Of course kid la


Another kid
My artistic attempt 1.. got potential la

My artistic attempt 2

1 comment:

  1. How I wish there is such a variety of food and luxury here.. Unfortunately here no such places to eat and have to cook most of the time :( You are definitely looking bigger now :)

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...