Pages

Monday, 22 June 2009

something that i wasn't told about pregnancy

For the first few days after the news, i was still excited. After
that, when the reality of pregnancy set in, i was down.

Morning sickness... i heard about it, but not how bad it can be. Well
until it really happens to you. Just the feeling of always wanting to
vomit, and didn't know when is the real thing! They say morning.. mine
was whole day.

I wasn't working, i stayed at home alone and i got depressed. I was
eating every 2 hours. For the first few weeks, albert was home so he
cooked me delicious hong kong style egg sandwich and dinner. After
that, albert had to work full time to earn pampers money. I was
running out of ideas to cook, as i was eating so often and i wasn't
really enjoying the food that i cooked. Then i missed home as well.

Of the trend of my sickness, i tend to vomit at 11 pm, an hour before
i go to bed. So for me it was night sickness.

My ex-colleague told me it's good that i have sickness, it means baby
is healthy and is in there. That gave me quite a positive
encouragement.

i played the piano in the morning and sang and listened to some Mozart
as they say. Later i read that baby was too young to hear anything as
i was in my first trimester. I was bored as i wasn't used to staying
at home and not working.

Apart from that, i tend to worry about the health of the baby. A lot
of "what ifs"... as first trimester was the most critical period.
Albert was right, we just have to trust and pray and leave it to God.
Life and death is in the hand of God, and of course, the well being of
the baby is in the hand of God.

That was when i learnt the lesson of faith and trusting God. I just
have to leave it in God's hand.

One day i read this passage in Isaiah, although God was speaking to
Israel, i could feel how much God loved His people, and this passage
was speaking to me

Isaiah 46:3
3 "Listen to me, O house of Jacob,
all you who remain of the house of Israel,
you whom I have upheld since you were conceived,
and have carried since your birth.

4 Even to your old age and gray hairs
I am he, I am he who will sustain you.
I have made you and I will carry you;
I will sustain you and I will rescue you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...