Pages

Friday, 22 August 2008

Disgrace of UK embassy

I don't want my brother to jump the plane.. meaning come to Uk as a visitor and stay here. That's not right. He wants a condusive environment to study since he left school at 14 and more exposure to the culture here that can inspire his photography to another level.
 
So, i have applied a course for him. My brother is very talented but left school at the age of 14. He can't read or write english. With the business and family commitment, it's impossible to learn english. PLus, he want to increase his client profile and partner with english speaking clients.
 
So i properly and honestly put on a application to apply for student visa. As a student, it's legal to work 20 hours a week. He doesn't need the money to survive as i can provide him food and accomodation and he can pay the fees.
 
Then it was rejected by the office.
 
That's not the joke. The joke is in the rejection letter. You will laugh too. At first i thought, okay fine i am not going to appeal. After reading the letter written by the officer, i changed my mind. It was totally unprofessionally written. I'll show you here...
 
Hold you breath:
 
" YOu failed to explain the full benefits of the course in the UK when compared to its overall cost. "
 
" I asked you why you had chosen Islington Cetnre for your proposed study. You replied it is a famous school and a lot of people had studied there. This leads me to be of the opinion that you had not done a great deal of research into school and its reputation. "
 
 
The FUNNIEST BIT:
" I note that your sister, your sponose is in the UK and has written that she would also sponsor your accomodationi food in the UK. I WOULD QUESTION WHY SHE WOULD DO THIS AS IT WOULD BE OF NO OBVIOUS  BENEFIT TO HER"
 
WHAT a laugh? I was furious.. of all the possible reasons to reject she wrote this? I am her sister and i work here and i am in a position to support my brother, what's wrong with that?
 
 
The next FUNNIEST BIT:
 
" I AM ALSO OF THE OPINION THAT IF YOUR INTENTIONS TO LEARN ENGLISH ARE SERIOUS THAT YOU WOULD HAVE DONE SO MANY YEARS AGO"
 
WHAT? Is that the quality of the office we can get to work for UK embassy? Who is SHe to dictate when my brother should study or not? We know that it's hard for anyone who has worked to go back to study. University graduates like you and me who have left uni for a while find it hard to study. My GPs and doctors find it hard to juggle their time to prepare for their Part 1 or Part 2 of their professional registration.
 
WHO IS SHE TO MAKE SUCH ASSUMPTION? WHO IS SHE TO DICTATE WHEN IS THE BEST TIME FOR MY BROTHER TO STUDY?
 
I AM FUMING... THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!!
 
I am definitely going to appeal on that note... i don't mind if she rejected my brother for some other reason.. but to make such PERSONAL UNJUSTIFIED PERSONAL BIAS is A TOTAL DISGRACE OF UK EMBASSY TO EVEN EMPLOY SOMEONE WITH THAT QUALITIES!
 
My brother has a business , a wife and two children. Why would he want to stay in UK FOREVER?
 
This is totally silly. Is this what i get for being genuine and honest?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...