Pages

Tuesday, 1 April 2008

Staring at Death

It's March today... three months since new year, and 3 months since my
brother-in-law's early departure.

Still i am staring at pain these few weeks. My colleague's dad with
cancer, my neighbour's palliative care from cancer, another friend of
mine going through the whole package of chemo and its side effects.

I visited uncle Ng on Thursday. I was praying that i could have a one
to one time of conversation with him. When i reached his floor, both
his daughters were on their way to buy lunch. Wow... and i could talk
to him privately. I talked about Jesus and told him if he is afraid ,
he can all Jesus to help him. I actually had 45 minutes chat with him.
It's like a divine appointed time.

The next day, i was down with flu and fever. So i didn' visit uncle
Ng. Also i started ona course of antibiotics and with that state, i
went to Brighton for Easter Teens conference as leader.

We came back on Monday with shattered bodies. Both Albert and I went
to work straight the next days. We were totally exhausted from the
camp and we didn't have proper rest. We delayed our plans to visit Uncle Ng.

Few days later, we received a phone call to let us know that uncle Ng
has passed away. I felt bad. Maybe i could have said more in hat 45
minutes. Maybe i could have asked him to ask if he wants to belive in
Christ. I thought i would have a second chance. I thought i won't
pressure him the first time.

But i didn't have the second chance.

I hope uncle Ng did call on Jesus when he was afraid.. afraid of death...

--
May the Lord bless and keep you

Irene Tan
"You have made known to me the path of life, you will fill me with joy
in Your presence, with eternal pleasure at your right hand"Psalm 16:11

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...