Pages

Monday, 7 April 2008

My first Curry mission

Well my mission last Friday was to cook and host a party for 20 hungry people at my place. So i spent my Friday night in the kitchen. At 5 pm last Friday, i realised i bought everything except curry leaves.
 
I was contemplating whether i should make my trip all the way to chinatown to get curry leaves.
 
I was glad i did, because i also bought belacan (Shrimp paste). Oh my belacan really stinks but it tastes great ! Not cheap too, cost me £4.20 for that belacan.
 
Reached home about 8 pm. Started cooking coconut rice, chopping and peeling etc... i was taking my own sweet time as i looked at the recipe it wasn't that difficult. But i so regret for taking my own sweet time, because by the time i finished, it was 2.30 am!
 
My curry was taken from Amy Beh, Kuali, the star.com.my
 
I tasted the curry and it was seriously HEAVEN!!! Everyone liked my curry and was surprised that it wasmy first attempy. Woo hoo! Misison completed with a glimpse of heavenly taste ha!
 
Completely run down today.. can't think can't talk..
 

Spicy Curry Chicken Recipe by Amy Beh

-Kuala Star Malaysia

Ingredients

·  30g dried chillies, soaked

·  100ml water

·  100g fresh red chillies, seeded

·  2cm turmeric root

·  50g onions

·  100g shallots

·  6 cloves garlic

·  25g dried shrimp paste (belacan)

·  2cm knob galangal, sliced

·  1.5kg chicken, chopped

·  ½ cup oil

·  6–7 kaffir lime leaves, shredded

·  3 stalks lemon grass, crushed

·  2 stalks curry leaves

·  2 tomatoes, cut into pieces

·  300ml plain yoghurt

·  2 limes, squeezed for juice

·  1 tsp salt

·  1–2 Tbsp oil (extra)

Seasoning

·  1 tsp chicken stock granules

Method
Fry dried chillies in a little oil until fragrant.

Add in 100ml water and boil until chillies are soft. Drain the chillies and combine them with fresh chillies, turmeric root, onions, shallots, garlic, dried shrimp paste and galangal in a blender. Process or blend into a paste.

Marinate chicken with 2–3 tablespoons blended spice ingredients.

Heat oil in a heavy-based pot, add in shredded kaffir lime leaves and fry until crispy. Remove and set aside. To the remaining oil, add lemon grass, curry leaves and the rest of the ground spice ingredients. Sauté until fragrant.

Add in marinated chicken and tomatoes. Cook over medium-low heat until it starts to boil. Reduce the heat and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Add yoghurt and cook again, bringing it to the boil. Simmer for an extra 15-20 minutes. Keep stirring to ensure mixture does not stick to the pan. Add seasoning and lime juice.

When the dish is almost dry and meat is tender, reduce the heat and add in salt and extra oil.


1 comment:

  1. hmmmm...yumm yumm...lol...

    thx 4 da method ... lol ... i dnt have 2 eat cup noodles anymore ...lol

    gd gd!

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...