Pages

Tuesday, 15 April 2008

Give to Caesar what is Casear's and to God what is God's

Something interesting happened today. I read Our daily bread which talks about people wanted to trap Jesus by asking Jesus whether they should pay tax to Caesar.
 
Jesus replied : give to Caesar what is Caesar's and to God what is God's. I read this in the bus on the way to work.
 
Later in the afternoon, a christian friend of mine who is married told me that his landlord offered to pay council tax as a single. He was asking me whether he should go ahead, as it's lower tax for single.
 
Then i pointed him this bible verse. Wa la ! i've never thought the verse that i read would help my friends in resisting the more convenient, easier but not necessary truthful way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...