Pages

Tuesday, 15 January 2008

Refuge

received e-mail yesterday at work:  "there is a possibility of some very heavy rain and strong winds during Tuesday."
 
With that in mind, i brought my umbrella to work.
 
I have made two "simple" new year resolution: sleep early, ie about 10 pm. and have my quiet time with GOD, allocated, undisturbed each day.
 
Manage to sleep at 10 pm last night. As for quiet time, i started by reading the bible this morning, in the bus, on my way to work. Read Psalms 59-62. The theme that spoke to me was Psalm 61 " Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, and i will not be shaken.
 
My salvation and my honour depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in him at all times, pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge.
 
God is our refuge was the take home message to him.
 
As i got off the bus, the weather became worst. Rain aside, the wind was strong. My umbrella could hardly hold it and i have to stand still.
 
As i stepped into the reception of my office block, all winds and rain was gone, not to mention the cold. It was dry and warm in the building.
 
At that second, i knew what refuge really meant.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...