Pages

Thursday, 6 September 2007

My gym experience


So i have signed up for Virgin Active, which is just across my office. I chosen this over Fitness First because the facilities are much better and it doesn't require contract.
So i am determined. Tried to sleep early on Tuesday night, but was a bit grumpy because i couldn't fall asleep sooner than expected.
7am, alarm clock rang. So tempted to sleep in. But i resisted that temptation.
For once, i left the house ar 720 am and i reached the gym at 8.15am. I chose a treadmil that has is next to the glass that can oversee the swimming pool. I was surprised that there were so many early birds like me! In fact, the pool was quite crowded.
Had my shower at the gym and went to work fully refreshed. Caffeine not needed !
What caught my eye was this interesting machine call powerplate. Apparently, it's said to be responsible for the incredible shapes of not only Madonna, but also star such as Claudia Schiffer and Natalie Imbruglia.
But the "miracle" machine doesn't come cheap - at £6,995 it costs far more than the average annual gym membership
Power-Plate is a machine that gives the body's muscles a high-speed workout by using vibrations to stimulate them to contract and relax. They generally contract once or twice a second, but by standing on the Power-Plate, its vibrations cause an automatic reflex muscle contraction of 30-50 a second.
"It's claimed that 10 minutes on the Power-Plate will have the same results as 60 minutes of conventional strenuous training"
Now this is where it gets interesting.It means, 10 minutes on this might mouse power plate gives me the same result of running 60 minutes on treadmill.
I am on my way to book a lesson with the instructor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...