Pages

Monday, 10 September 2007

Amazing power of God's creation

As a christian, i trust that God created me and my body. I trust that all those pathways and mechanism of human body are not random. It's has been carefully thought through by God of wisdom.
 
I  had a terrible dream on Saturday night. I was crying very hard and emotionally worked up over my dream. In other words, i was dreaming but i was crying in real person.
 
As a result, i woke up with a severe headache on Sunday morning. I don't think severe can correctly depicts my pain. It felt like my whole head was going to burst. Yes, it was very distressing. I took 2 tablets of paracetamol.
 
Went to church, asked Albert to pray for my pain. I distracted myself and taught Sunday school. Mr. A, the other youth co-ordinator wasn't around as he was preaching upstairs. I did most of the talk. The pain was bearable.
 
At 1 pm, my headache escalated. I joined Albert, JC, T, another 2 irenes from our church for Dim Sum, but the pain was unbearable. I asked Albert for some morphine! Imagine the pain was bad enough to spoil my appetite for food. That is an indication of how distressing the pain was for me, as food has always been my favourite.
 
Albert asked me not to eat, as there is a tendency to vomit as a result of severe headache. I was irritated as nothing went into my stomach since morning,but you know what? He was so right. I felt like vomitting after my few spoons of porridge.
 
Then he asked me to drink tea, as caffeine is a vasoconstrictor, meaning it narrowed the blood vessels and will help with the headache. The theory behind headache is that the blood vessels in the head are dilated. Again, i didn' believe him because i recalled times where i had headache after drinking caffeine.
 
I took a stronger pain killer, combination of paracetamol and dihydrocodeine. I slept straight after i reached my bed, slept from 3 pm to 9.30pm.
 
Then i felt much better. Thank God. I googled and found that Albert was right, caffeine is a vasoconstrictor, not a dilator.
 
Today i am at work, typing this.
 
Human body's recovery system just never cease to amaze me! I praise and thank God for His wisdom. One day i was crippled, with no appetite, wanted to just go to heaven straight than to bear that bursting pain, another day i am well enough to walk and talk.
 
Science only explains the how, it's discovering what's already there. My heavenly Father dictates what should be in place and what shouldn't. Well of course, some may choose that it's all by chance and randomly there.
 
I have made a stand that life to too meaningful, body is too intricate to be defined by random and chances.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:44 am

    Thanks for sharing..i was having headache on Sunday also....hardly can do anything but strike my best to cope with the meetings...Went to bed early and after prayers..thank God for good sleep...


    irene l-msia

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...