Pages

Friday, 3 August 2007

How long O Lord

Patience, something that is in my second nature, meaning it's not in my system, and it doesn't flow like the blood system in my body.
 
Have been thinking and reflecting a lot on my job, career, direction in life. Have babies?Be a mum in the hope to challenge myself in changing nappies and staying up the whole night milking the babe?  Go part-time? Work for Boots? Buy a pharmacy? Learn facial and wash woman's face and charge £50 per session? Learn IT? Project Management? Sell earrings and necklaces ? Bible school? be a Pastor?
 
Been reflecting on the book og Daniel, in preparation for my sermon on 19th August. Book od Daniel chapter 1 verse 1,2 reads:
 
In the third year of the reign of Jehoiakim king of Judah, Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon came to Jerusalem and besieged it. 2 And the Lord delivered Jehoiakim king of Judah into his hand, along with some of the articles from the temple of God.
 
As a child of God, and follower of Christ, nothing just happen randomly. God engineers all circumstances and situations, people that i get ot meet, life experiences, pain and joy, all carefully designed by my God.
 
Looking back to 1 year and 10 months ago, when i prepared for my interview, i prayed : Dear God, please open the door if you think this is the job for me, if not, close it. That was my 4th interview, after 3 failed ones.
 
I got the job. Flexible hours, near my house, sometimes i go home for lunch, cushy job, not much stress, what more is there to complain?
 
Job satisfaction is what i am after. Getting none so far, in all these years, sincei left university. By chance that i got into pharmacy? By chance i got myself into Msc in clinical pharmacy in London? God, what's wrong with me? Why am i unsettled?
 
Then it strikes a chord in me :  patience and waiting. Unless God says otherwise, i am not moving. I can't. I tried exploring different possibilities, i don't have a determination to be really sure that the alternate path is where i want to go.
 
Faith is not asking for signs and thunder as miracles, because it's knowing for sure that the hand that place the stars in place in galaxy is the same hand that design my path. Man shall not eat on bread alone, but from the words from God's mouth. God's call and i listen and follow.
 
He has not opened the next door to the next chapter, the lesson i am learning is to be still, patient, persevere and obey.I admit i am having a hard time learning this.
 
How long O lord.. i am depending on you for the strength to wake up to my office... why does 8 hours in the office seems forever?

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...