Pages

Friday, 17 August 2007

Fear of being forgotten




I love my niece, Shovan. Maybe because i was the one who named her? No, i think mainly because she is adorable. She is chatty, intelligent. She could sing lots of songs, with lyrics at the age of 2.5 . Not just kiddy song, but adult pop songs like "老鼠愛大米".

Each time i call home, i always ask my mum or my brother if Shovan has forgotten about me. Thank goodness she didn't. My mum just told me yesterday that she was looking at my photo and telling my mum that she wants to see if she looks like her aunt( me ). Boy am i glad to hear that.
I love her so much. I have this fear of being forgotten. She is just so adorable. At this age, she is not able to comprehend how much i love her, and her parents , grand parents love her.

That brings to my mind, how God must feel when we forget and neglect him, not thanking him for the blessing and the gifts he has given us.

Being the small finite me, i, too, will not able to grasp fully how much God loves me through christ.

When i was younger, my mum told me i will not comprehend her anxieties and love for me and my brothers, until i become a mum myself.

Although i am not a mum myself, being an aunt now, i catch a tiny glimpse of the truth in her words.


" My people have committed two sins: they have forsaken me, the spring of living water, and have dug their own cisterns, broken cisterns that cannot hold water." Jeremiah 2:13

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...