Pages

Friday, 17 August 2007

Exercise of my faith

Everyone has a different world view, everyone see the world through different lens.
 
I have chosen mine and i would like to remain faithful to it till i die.
 
So in order to remain committed, i need to do some exercise. So i have again, picked up the exercise that i have not been doing lately :
Bible memory verse.
 
I was very good at it when i was young, always the star student, having to memorise one verse every week. Then, in my university days, i wrote all those wonderful verse when i was bored of studying , and stuck those sticky notes on my wall.
 
When i worked for the one and only year in KL, i read the bible during lunch break , and had this bible memory exercise with Chu,  a close of friend of mine. We would agree to memorise the passage together, and rehearse to each other on the phone. I enjoyed that.
 
My sunday school kids asked me how did i manage to remember those verses in the bible, i told them : " because i read the bible in the Loo.."  And of course when i am on the bus or tube...etc
 
My conversation with the lady in my office has spurred me to pick up this exercise , before i rot in my faith.
 
So i managed to remember Psalm 91 by heart today :
 
He who dwells in the shelther of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty
I will say of the Lord " He is my refuge and my fortress, my God in whom i trust"
 
Surely, He will save you from the fowler's snare and from the deadly pestilence
He will cover you with his feathers and under his wings you will find refuge
His faithfulness will be your shield and rampart
 
You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrows that flies by day,
nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague  that destroys at midday
A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand,
but it will not come yo you
 
you will only observe with your eyes, and seethe punishment of the wicked
 
Ifyou make the Most High your dwelling, even the Lord, who is my refuge
then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent
For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways
they will lift you up in their hands
so  you will not strike your foot against a stone
You will tread upon the lion and the cobra
you will trample the great lion and the serpent
 
Because he loves me, Says the lord, i will rescue him,
i will protect him for he acknowledges me
He will call upon me and i will answer him
I will be with him in trouble
I will deliver him and honour him
With long life will i satisfy him and show him my salvation

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...