Pages

Thursday, 5 July 2007

Quest for Meaning- 3

The more i think about it, the more i am convinced that a life without eternity,  or a life without life after death is not worth living. If there is no eternity, there is no need for eternal judgement, then no point being nice and loving etc... Those who cheat lie and steal can get away with it, those who bribe and rich control and oppress the poor. So instead of being oppressed, i should oppress others and do what i want.
 
This world that we are living in is cruel and painful. My 60 years(mayeb shorter) on earth is a pain, either i go through pain and suffering or  i watch others suffer in other parts of the world. Child abuse, human trafficking, kidnapped, deception, adultery, hunger, war- all man made. Our fellow human beings caused all these. This is the world that we are living in.
 
We have comfort lives, okay money, okay job, spoilt for choices. Then we forget and cut ourselves from others who are suffering. And then we go on with life saying oh, life is beautiful, forget about those who starve and refugees. None of my business.
 
I feel angry, angry with those people who inflict pain on others for selfish gain. I am angry when i read about evil deeds on newspaper. I ache for those children who were being abandoned on the street, garbage bin or toilet, because their parents decided they were a mistake.
 
This is the world we live in.
 
i do not want to be an observer. It's painful enough to stand and watch. I want to be part of the solution. I want to do my bit to alleviate suffering, to care for those who never knew what love it. I want to be the hands and feet of Jesus, to heal and care. Is that what the meaning of my life and existence is? To find comfort that life on earth is merely a gallery to enter eternity, where all the evil man will be punished. They can't get away with it anymore. Nothing escapes God's eyes. I take comfort in knowing that the suffering on earth is only temporary, there is hope, there is reward, there is love, there is life after death.
 
I would like to live my life through this lens.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...