Pages

Monday, 9 July 2007

Adrenaline Rush for potential loss of £140 -Part 2

I am very upset, if there's any word that can describe upset times by 1000, let me know.
 
I think i am fragile, very. Test, this is a perfect test of my attitude and my priority in life. It's not that, it's the principle and justice. ARgh!
 
Following my previous story , my potential loss has now become a reality, although i hate to admit it. I can't concentrate and i was distracted for the past few days.
 
In order for me to claim back my mobile phone contract money, i have to submit my phone bill at certain month of the year. The first lot was the bill dated in May. I did that, but my past experience with other phone company only required the first page of the bill. So i only sent the first summary page to the phone company. It's www.phoneboxdirect. com.  Last week, i received a letter saying they need the Page 2 of the bill.
 
I searched everywhere in my house, i rummaged through all my other months' bill but i couldn't find the "page 2". I immediately called T-mobile and asked them to resend my May bill. That was Wednesday, 3rd of July, the very same day that i opened the envelope.The deadline for them to receive my bill before 9th of July. I was nervous and i watched out for the post everyday, including Saturday. But no mail from T-mobile. I called T-mobile every day to chase for it, they say it's on its way.
 
This morning, i was hoping to receive the bill from T-mobile, then maybe i stand a chance with my 1st class stamp. No bill from them.The worst is the phone company  don't accept any copy or online bill, only original.So my online t-mobile account doesn't help.
 
I then called the phone company, told them the situation. They were adamant about it, and said it's my responsibility and the bad news is
I can't even claim any of the subsequent months for the rest of the year. The terms and conditions said : the file is closed and cannot be reopened in any cases." which means i lost a total of £420 !!!! Sakit hati"!
 
I was just so upset. Okay, it's not cheat, i am the foolish one here. Foolish enough to subscribe to them in spite of their clearly written terms and conditions.
 
I am just so MAD and upset. Of course, i did analyse and ask myself why am i so upset. Undeniably £420 is a lot of money. I never paid £35 per month for my mobile phone bill unless there is cash back. The only reason i bought this contract was because the net is £0, if i have done the right thing in the first place. I am just angry that they set the terms and conditions this way and i am angry at myself, for my seemingly innocent mistake. They purposely set their terms and conditions this way because that's how they earn their money. It's not as if i am not paying my monthly bills or anything. They just want my tariff. This is silly. I bought the contract from them, surely they have my tariff information!
 
Is it the amount of money that i am upset with?Yes. I don't shop a lot, and i am a cautious consumer,well except in this case. Is it that the phone company lay down ridiculous terms and conditions? Yes. I am upset about myself.. i am foolish enough to subscribe their ridiculous terms and conditions !!!!
 
ARGHH!

4 comments:

  1. Patrick2:47 pm

    hey - have you thought about writing to any of the consumer associations like which? to see if the mobile phone co can really do that to you or whether it represents unfair t and c's?

    ReplyDelete
  2. phonebox direct doing same thing woth me . send them a full phone bill forgot ot do recorded delivery. they never recived it and then i called them after week they said they aint recieved it i called on every day to vodafone for the copy of the bill they always say its on its way i never received it every day i looked for my mail and in this instatnce upto 20 days passed as well making a total of 30 days by which i should make a calim. though i have done a recorded delivery in this 30 day period of a online copy of bill provign that i have sent my orignalbill. they wont be able to proof if i sent the orignal bill or the online copy. i will dispute that i sent the orignal bill recorded delivery and the other online bill with out recorded delivery both together. lets see what they do . they told me i have to send the bills in 21 days and in the terms and condition it says 30 days when i told them its 30 days they said okay for your terms and condition its 30 days . also told me that they dont accept copy or online bills. the terms and condition to me was refered to terms and conditions on phonebox direct which says that online copies are accpeted but can be checked if phonebox direct want s to. but when i spoke to them they said that your terms and conditions were old and at that time wernt accepted. can any one advise me what to do in these circumstancs . they are clearly cheeting the must have got my first bill which was not recoreeded delivery and they are saying that the aint recive it to make their own money. and it seems to be a some kind o agreement between vodafone and the phone company no tto send the copy of bill until 30 days period has lapsed so that both compnies can benefit from the loss of consumer. i wiil go to consumer direct and will see what happens any bosy wanting to inform e or also been convicted let me know we can all go united and make one applications against this cpmpany phonebox direct will have great power my email is swasi2k@yahoo.com 07888701408 message me ur email well make a compaing against these kind of frauds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. phonebox direct doing same thing woth me . send them a full phone bill forgot ot do recorded delivery. they never recived it and then i called them after week they said they aint recieved it i called on every day to vodafone for the copy of the bill they always say its on its way i never received it every day i looked for my mail and in this instatnce upto 20 days passed as well making a total of 30 days by which i should make a calim. though i have done a recorded delivery in this 30 day period of a online copy of bill provign that i have sent my orignalbill. they wont be able to proof if i sent the orignal bill or the online copy. i will dispute that i sent the orignal bill recorded delivery and the other online bill with out recorded delivery both together. lets see what they do . they told me i have to send the bills in 21 days and in the terms and condition it says 30 days when i told them its 30 days they said okay for your terms and condition its 30 days . also told me that they dont accept copy or online bills. the terms and condition to me was refered to terms and conditions on phonebox direct which says that online copies are accpeted but can be checked if phonebox direct want s to. but when i spoke to them they said that your terms and conditions were old and at that time wernt accepted. can any one advise me what to do in these circumstancs . they are clearly cheeting the must have got my first bill which was not recoreeded delivery and they are saying that the aint recive it to make their own money. and it seems to be a some kind o agreement between vodafone and the phone company no tto send the copy of bill until 30 days period has lapsed so that both compnies can benefit from the loss of consumer. i wiil go to consumer direct and will see what happens any bosy wanting to inform e or also been convicted let me know we can all go united and make one applications against this cpmpany phonebox direct will have great power my email is swasi2k@yahoo.com 07888701408 message me ur email well make a compaing against these kind of frauds.

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...