Pages

Wednesday, 20 June 2007

He will carry you

Hurt, loss, pain, grief, heart broken. Those are part of parcel of living this life on earth. It's inevitable.Our response to those define the real us, the inner being. Endurance, perseverance, inner strength are not borne out of living in a problem-free world. Our values, our priorities, our lens toward this world determine our response. These are what defines us.

In times of hurt, loss, grief, the real us, the inner being seek encouragement, as RLS wrote, we seek fo cheerleaders, and support. Someone who will encourage us not to give up living, not to give up hope, not to be bitter, not to see the world and those around us as part of the situation that hurt us, and NOT to be selfish. Not to live our lives with this sentiment of " everyone is out there for themselves, to protect myself, i live for myself and no one else. Who cares? "

To live such a life diminish us from living the abundance life that God wants us to. We become less human when we become less Godly. We become less Godly when we stop loving others as our neighbours and stop loving the Creator.

I always believed that one do not know how to love others when one has never been loved before. One who lives a life of bitterness, or in broken relationships, be it family or friends, will not know how to love. One who has never been comforted will not be a comforter.

We are surrounded by people who has been hurt, who is agonising in pain deep within them. They are seeking, seeking for comfort, seeking for love, assurance, significance.

Today , i take comfort in reading this love letter from God, Yahweh, who said :
"Even to your old age and gray hairs
I am he, I am he who will sustain you.
I have made you and I will carry you;
I will sustain you and I will rescue you
" Isaiah 46:4

A God who will
"Save his people , bless them, be their shepherd and carry them forever" Psalm 28:9

A BIG God with mighty hands, outstrectched arms, infinitely loving and faithful will carry the small me:

when i am too hurt, too crippled to walk the rest of the journey call life..
He tells me He will not let me go, He will carry me

When i have lost my hope and the meaning of living
He give me hope, because He knows the plans He has for me, plans to prosper me and not to harm me, plans to give me hope and future Jeremiah 29:11

When i am too afraid to give my fragile heart to anyone...
He tells me He will heal me with His infinite, unconditional, unfailing, everlasting love
"I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving kindness" Jeremiah 31:3
Yes He attracts and draws me with his Love.

He will carry you, He will carry you forever, He will hold on to you when you are loosing your grips. This is what love is. This is who God, Yahweh is.

My friends who are in pain, in grief, take comfort in the promises of our Heavenly Fathe who says to you :
I will heal you with My love,
I will carry you forever.
I will turn your mourning into gladness
I will give you comfort and joy instead of sorrow -Jeremiah 31:13

We are in this together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...