Pages

Saturday, 26 May 2007

The voice of pleasure and Your voice

Help Me to Choose the Narrow Road

Dear Lord Jesus, I remain so torn and divided. I truly want to follow you, but I also want to follow my own desires and lend an ear to the voices that speak about prestige, success, human respect, pleasure, power, and influence. Help me be attentive instead to your voice, the voice which calls me to choose the narrow road to life. The choice for your way has to be made every moment in my life.
 
 I have to choose thoughts that are your thoughts, words that are your words, and actions that are your actions. There are no times or places without choices.
 
And I know how deeply I resist choosing you.
 
Be with me every moment and in every place so that I may recognize your way and choose to walk it. Amen. (Henri Nouwen)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...