Pages

Wednesday, 16 May 2007

Back to reality

Quite a few things on my mind, but i really don't have the time to write something serious, until after something serious happen. I am back now after my 15 days of holiday in Hong Kong. Depends how you define holidays, i define holidays as going all the way to look for good food and taste them, and meeting old friends and catch up, then YES, i have a great holiday! My mum flew from KL to meet me, to clear her chest from something that makes her wonder. She broke her toe few months ago and it took her 6 months to recover and to be able to walk. She had lots of time to think and reflect. As one of the many outcome, she wants to make sure that we don't blame her or hold any grudge towards her "process- of- learning- to- mother- us". How sweet! She apologised for any hurt she has inflicted on me. I smiled and said i don't hate her and i only remember her as a loving mother and i appreciate that we all learn at different stages of our lives. No one knows how to be a mother or a father from young. I really thank God for such a godly mother. She has set such a great example of living out the truth in the Bible, of holding on to God's promises and living like Jesus. She humbles herself and seek to reconcile, apologise to me and my brothers for any hurt ( if any) that she has done to us. As i always write here in my blog, we, human beings are so frail and weak. We are not perfect. The horror of sins is that it blinds us of our weaknesses and imperfection. I have met people who tell me there is nothing wrong with them. There are not saints but they are not that bad after all. Really? As we read the Bible, we see who we really are, our weaknesses. And when that happens, we are able to accept the weaknesses of others and bear with each other.My mum also holds on to God's promises in situation that does not encourages her to do so. She persevered and always repay kindness with evil. She doesn't complain but only count God's blessings in her life.

The first time when she flew from KL to UK, i met my husband. Believe it or not, Albert asked my mum out first, not me. He knew that my mum was a visitor in London, so he took my mum and me to a restaurant. That's how our story started.

The second time she flew from KL to HK to meet us, we discussed about preaching together. My mum sometimes shared about Christ and His word with the elderly in a christian home. So she too had some experience of sharing God's word to His people. She reminded me that my message has to be clear to the listener, and make sure that the listener can follow my train of thoughts.

Again, the best thing that my mum ever gave me was Jesus. She brought me to church , sundays after sundays since i was 3 years old.

I initially decided on Psalm 19. I spent one afternoon in Hong Kong bible seminary libary preparing for it and my mum and I prayed about it. Albert , too, prayed with me and stayed in the library, doing the same homework. But somehow, it just doesn't flow. I dont have a key message to speak on, from Psalm 19.

So one day, in my loo time, i read my bible, and something caught my eye, Deuteronomy 8. So since last week, i have been working my way from Deuteronomy 8. My friend told me Deuteronomy 8 is not for novice like me. Okay, that scares me a little. But i will go ahead with this and wait. It will come to me before this coming Sunday. Wait not meaning i am not doing anything about it, i will still do my usual reading and studying. From my reading, God will shed light into my inner being.

Can you believe it? I am preaching on May 20th. Aaahhh.. This is like a dream come true. God is full of surprises! God please help me with my preparation. Here i am , help me to have
a heart that listens,
a heart that is humble,
a heart that weeps,
a heart that obeys.



--
Irene
"You have made known to me the path of life, you will fill me with joy in Your presence, with eternal pleasure at your right hand"Psalm 16:11

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...