Pages

Wednesday, 11 April 2007

Jesus can change your destiny



In HIM was life, and that life was the light of men

My absence for the past 7 days was due to bank holidays. As you probably have associated the frequency of my entires with my working days, which, i must admit, is contrary to other normal working people.

Last weekend was Bank holiday weekend, Easter Break. I was super busy. A lady from Malaysia came to our church few weeks ago, a malaysian. "AUntie, " i call her. She came here to help her daughter-in-law in the preparation after labour. The baby was due 20th April, but he can't wait. She had an emergency cesarean on Thursday. We were on our way to church when we received a call from Auntie. She is new to London, and doesn't know how to get to the hospital. So albert fetched her to the hospital and kept her company till the baby was born. Very cute baby, his skin didn't wrinkle like other new born babies because the water in mom's stomach has decreased, which was the reason that led to the emergency C-section.

Friday till Monday was 9-6 in church, We had a conference. I was refreshed by the talk from a 70+ year-old pastor, who has walked the walk and could talk the walk. A lot of experiences and insight from a man who has come thus far. A man who testified to the presence and goodness of God in his life, a man who has been faithful to his calling. Lots of challenges, but more joy that born out of the challenges and pain.





Indeed, Jesus can give us abundant life,He can change our destiny, change our darkness into light.

Some buddhist friend of mine said there is no higher religion that truth. But Jesus said Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me,". People are looking for truth, but Jesus said He is the truth. People are looking for love , but God said He is love, He is hope.

My weary soul has been refreshed and revived. I learnt that i must rely on God to live an abundant meaningful life. I must seek him in my despair and He will make a way when there is no way. I find comfort in knowing He not only died, but He rose again. He is alive, He gives me hope to live on.



I also make a new friend, Julia from China. She helped Albert in his mandarin and polished my rusty mandarin in our conversations. She works with Ikea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...