Pages

Wednesday, 21 February 2007

How many times should i forgive you

Philippians 2:14 Do everything without complaining or arguing, 15so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe 16as you hold out the word of life—in order that I may boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor for nothing. 17But even if I am being poured out like a drink offering on the sacrifice and service coming from your faith, I am glad and rejoice with all of you. 18So you too should be glad and rejoice with me.

For me to live this out is quite a challenge. I am learning to do eveyrthing cheerfully and willingly, knowing that i am serving my God, rather than man.

i have been thinking these few days.. on "how many times should we forgive our brothers? " It's easy to forgive the first time, the second, but maybe not as easy on the 100th times !Sometimes we are tired of all these patience .. and in the end, we had enough of it, and we let it out all in our outburst.

I have problems when people do not give me grace when i make mistake.. i become angry when they demand me to be perfect, and make no allowance for my occassional slips.. "Why can't you give me grace ? " i shout.. i am not perfect okay!... (happens between me and Albert actually). Well as much as i am not perfect myself, he is not either.. so he has to learn how to give grace to me... and i too , have to learn to give him grace when he doesn't give to  me when i needed it.

 In such circumstances, we beginning to catch a glimpse on how God gently lead us..How patience He is , with our imperfection and he is always ready to forgive us, when we don't deserve it.  Slowly but surely.. gentle yet firm, sometimes we turn away from Him, we even give up on even wanting to learn and try.. but in all this, he is the only Constant we have in our lives. He is always reaching out His hands, even when we are not.

 As i am coming to grisp that we are imperfect, churches are imperfect, church leaders are imperfect, but in the imperfection i come to see that we are to learn to mirror God's perfection in our imperfection, placing our Trust in the person of Jesus, that He will transform and changes lives, beyond our imagination.


No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...