Pages

Tuesday, 23 January 2007

Ironies of my Jazz lesson

After quite a long break with my jazz teacher, handsome and kind Chris, we finally managed to secure a lesson last night.

I learnt the piece "the Girl from Ipanema."It's Bossa Nova -Brazilian rhythm.

 The irony is i have to try very very hard to create that "Lazy, laid back" feel. There he was,  patiently trying to teach me how to feel the  "lazy, relax" feeling.  There i was , sitting next to him, struggling very very hard to play a "relax, lazy" piece.

I smiled, and turned to Chris and said " know what, this is indeed so ironic., I have to try so hard to be relax" .

On  my journey home, from the tube station to the tube to the walking journey, i only did one thing. Clapping the Bossa-Nova.. counting 1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and ... etc..

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...