Pages

Thursday, 21 December 2006

My Photo Dilemma


Photo taken on a ward, when i first bought the camera

I double checked on the spelling on dilemma.. and it’s correct. As with problems in life.. the first step is to be able to spell out the problem. Well. Iriny and her philosophy.

I have thousands and thousands of photos, since the digital age. I bought my first ever camera, Sony DSCV-1 in 2003. Back then, a camera with 5 megapixel with the features in my camera was quite a porsh one, But now, it’s probably an antique.

My dilemma is; I don’t know what to do with all those photos. Since the termination of my own laptop in 2001, again, now an antique, I have burned all those photos into CD. Now with all those CDs, I don’t know what to do with them. My professional photographer brother asked me to print it out, if not, it defeats the purpose of photos. I agree with him. The problem is finding the time to select photos that’s worth printing out. Eventhough printing without filtering will definitely save lots of time, but that will mean spending a lot of ££.

That is only problem number 1. The second problem is on uploading photos on one site only. I am currently using imagestation because it allows unlimited storage. I don’t mind flickr, which what everyone uses, but there is a limit every month. To be honest, I am quite reluctant to pay for those tiny bit of extra privilege.

Should I spend money or should I spend my time filtering photos?
In terms of value: money could be earned, but once time is gone, it’s gone. You can’t retrieve it, you can only spell is as m-e-m-o-r-y or in this day and age a-r-c-h-I-v-e-.
Being greedy, I would like to upload all photos, and print selected ones, and then flip through the album when I am sitting on a rocking chair, with white hairs ( or none, depends on my biological system), telling stories to my grandchildren ( or none, again, depending on my reproductive sytem). :p

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...