Pages

Wednesday, 29 November 2006

Jazz Lesson-3

Had jazz lesson last night. I wasn’t satisfied. I had such a lousy sense of jazz music, mainly due to lack of listening and exposure. I had a go on improvisation, ie making short phrases of melody within a certain scales. Lots of dissonance and noise that didn’t make sense. The key, I think ,is spending time on the piano and with trial and error, create beautiful phrases. Seems quite lost now. I actually felt embarrassed when I couldn’t figure out all this during the lesson. It’s about being a child, being a learner even though I have been playing the piano for the past 10 years( which in fact, is nothing to brag about).

So it is with life I guess. My extrapolation from my learning experience:
Life is a continuous learning process. With all experiences and events in our life, we can be hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.

Or , in today’s English:

We've been surrounded and battered by troubles, but we're not demoralized; we're not sure what to do, but we know that God knows what to do; we've been spiritually terrorized, but God hasn't left our side; we've been thrown down, but we haven't broken.

The only constant is God hasn’t left our side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...