Pages

Friday, 3 November 2006

The basic challenge in search for God

Conversation between Rowan Williams and John Humphrys:

John Humphrys: Because you clearly get great satisfaction from it, and because I want to make sense of the world because I cannot understand why we're doing what we're doing to each other, because there seemed to be many answers out there. Now, bizarrely those people who profess faith don't seem to worry about being able to find the answers. You see the number of times you've said to me, actually I don't know, but that's what I believe. I'd like to be able to do that. That's sounds more cynical than it's meant to be.

Rowan Williams: No I, no I hear you. I could say the basic question, the challenge if you like to you is, can you believe that you John Humphrys are the object of an unconditional eternal love which values you in such a way that your contribution as you to the world is uniquely precious to the one who made it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...