Pages

Wednesday, 26 July 2006

Free? Sorry.. what did you say

Being brought up in KL and being taught by my dad, there is no free lunch or freebies. It can�t be real. Like Cantonese saying, by direct translation, � there won�t be a big toad leaping on the street."

I went to a department store after work on Monday, trying to use the wedding gift voucher that was given to me. Trust me, spending money in one department store on something that I am really fond of is NOT that easy. Eventually I didn�t buy anything. However, I am quite glad that I received a free knife, from the � World�s sharpest knife� range. It�s on promotion, of course you need to buy the knife at a discounted price, but all the audience who listened to that guy also receive a small knife, those that you use for cutting fruits. I felt that trip was quite fruitful.

Next, it�s this Buy One get one Free in tesco and Sainsbury. The first time I came here to study, I couldn�t believe there wasn�t any catch. True enough, it�s really buy one get one free.

Makes me ponder about Jesus and eternal life. Why do people not receive this love of God to mankind? Maybe it�s free and Jesus has paid the price for sin on the cross. We don�t have to do anything and it�s too easy. Surely it can�t be true?

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...