Pages

Tuesday, 14 March 2006

Philip Yancey's " What 147 elk taught me about prayer"

Read Philip Yancey's article last Wednesday and was inspired to spend a blocked, uninterrupted time with God. Planned to do it first things in the morning.
Thursday morning: Attempt failed due to laziness and sleepiness
Friday morning: attempt failed due to late night on Thursday
Saturday morning: finally managed to have the time with God.
Sat in the living room, lots of issues came to mind, started talking to God with my thoughts: my career, my passion about wanting to help the poor and sick, yet not doing anything of the above now, my church ministry direction, how to translate Jesus Christ into my daily life and to my friends, What does it mean to love God and love others ?What does it mean to feel what God feel, to love what God love, Should i be a pastor? Should i be a nurse so that i have more contact with the poor and sick? Should i ba a dentist? Should i be a doctor? Where are the poor and the sick? My passion is to pray for the sick and encourage the broken-hearted with the word of God.How can i have relationship with them? I feel lost, i feel that my life is meaningless.. ....I am not doing the things i would like to do.
       That went one for about 30 minutes
Had an urge to read Ecclesiastes chapter 3:
A Time for Everything
 1 There is a time for everything,
       and a season for every activity under heaven:

 2 a time to be born and a time to die,
       a time to plant and a time to uproot,

 3 a time to kill and a time to heal,
       a time to tear down and a time to build,

 4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
       a time to mourn and a time to dance,

 5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
       a time to embrace and a time to refrain,

 6 a time to search and a time to give up,
       a time to keep and a time to throw away,

 7 a time to tear and a time to mend,
       a time to be silent and a time to speak,

 8 a time to love and a time to hate,
       a time for war and a time for peace.

When i read the passage, it didn't connect with my issues.Then , i decided to map out my thoughts and jot down on paper. Then. it made sense!!

There is time for everything!!! Eventhough i am not doing what i wish to do, eventhough i am just so lost now, eventhough i feel my life is wasting away, it doesn't matter!

I don't have to be the hero of the world. I just need to open my eyes and see the need around me, and live out the fruit of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness,goodness,faithfulness, gentleness and self-control in all my dealings with people: colleagues, friends, ex-colleagues, family, strangers, the bus driver, shop keeper, cashier at Sainsbury etc.

Yes!!! I was in cloud 9 ! God spoke to me! I went away fulfilled.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...