Pages

Tuesday, 7 February 2006

Random Thoughts

It;s interesting how i am so easy outgoing, saying things that don't make sense, yet i find myself writing quite heavy and serious stuff in here. Some friends of mine are so quiet in person, yet i find they very vocal when they are blogging. Interesting... what am i? how am i like? i must say i am still discovering more about myself and getting to know myself more.

IT

My name is Irene, and my surname is IT. i am IT, so is information technology. Hence, when the minutes of meeting is out, my colleague has to ask me whether was that my action point, or IT department. In UK, when people ask about my surname, i said TAN, and i will further associate it with Colour, " you know, sun tan , i am just a colour", then exchange of smiles...Back to IT, I would like to learn about web design and how to use photoshop. Will get some books on web design, ask some guru's around.

Job VS Career, love VS Marriage

Yesterday, during our pre-marital counselling with our church pastor, he asked what is the difference between job and career. Job is a job, you do it and you leave, no dedication, no vision, no direction. Career is a passion, a vision that you want are working towards, you are conitnually growing and learning as you work towards your vision. So is marriage. Marriage is a in a present continuos tense, with the -ing, like i am always growing, or i am eating. Marriage should have a vision. Why do people get married? Because they love each other... to us, we want to get married because we want to reflect God's love through our lives together, of two people united as one, giving selflessly in this loving commitment, as Jesus gave up himself on the cross to set us free.

Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:6Who, being in very nature God,did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,7but made himself nothing,taking the very nature of a servant,being made in human likeness.8And being found in appearance as a man,he humbled himselfand became obedient to death�even death on a cross!
Phillipians 2:5-8


That to me is powerful. Two different people , different background and mindset coming together is definitely a mystery. Two different people staying together is definitely a miracle. By the end of this journey, I hope both albert and I would be able to witness the work of HIS hands in our lives as we pour out our lives for HIM, to serve him by serving others, to love him by loving others and be a channel of blessings to those around us.I want to see God REAL in our lives, in our marriage. That to me is the vision of our marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...