Pages

Thursday, 29 December 2005

Is Singapore That small?

Met up with Jia Yang, my Msc coursemate on 2002. She is stopping by after her trip to Switzerland with Abel. Casually, I asked just two of you or with other friends? She said two of them went to Switzerland from Singapore. *Ding ding* So, you two together? She nodded.

Is Singapore that small? I asked? How did both of you start? Abel was working in London as an architect, but I am not close to him. I know who he is, and I once bought a lamb kebab after my locum job at chemist, after 9 pm, and hand delivered to him at his office near Warren Street since he hasn�t had his dinner. We never contacted each other since. I felt a bit embarrassed maybe because it was a bit out of the blue. *NOTE* I did that to him because he is my friend, I don�t fancy him or anything, Anyway, Abel went back to Singapore to work and he e-mailed Jia Yang and then now they are couple.

Shocked. Never in my life would I thought that Jia Yang would meet Abel, eventhough I know both of them. Funny feeling, how two of my friends who are not really connected are now together. Yea, Singapore is that small. It is a small world. It really amazes me how two totally unconnected individual ends up sharing their life. Or once couples break up, they become totally unconnected again. Interesting�

All I want to say is life is full of surprises. My friend was very heart-broken last year after she found out that her fianc� wasn�t faithful to her. She lost hope in life and in God, very lost and couldn�t trust anyone, even God. I am glad that she is rewarded now for hanging in there, even though she lost hope then. There is hope behind bars. You�ll never know how close you are to the blessing, so never give up. Hang in there, you are in the might hands of our Father.
Always expected the Unexpected from your Loving Father.

Isaiah 55: 8-9
For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts


I live in Hope and anticipation
I live to experience God�s love and to share His love with those around me

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...