Pages

Monday, 21 November 2005

Words of man

I met up with rachel, yvonne, boon khaw, dawn and patrick for dim sum yesterday in chinatown. I don't meet up with them on a regular basis. They include dawn, boon and patrick. Rachel yan hui and yvonne is my buddy from guilford and southampton. We had a good chat. I was told off a couple of times for speaking to boon khaw in cantonese.I couldn�t help it. We talked about soaps from HK and TVB. It�s funny how I relate to different people with different languages, eventhough they are all Chinese.
The climax of the meeting yesterday was this conversation that i heard :

Mr A : So, Miss B, I heard rumours that you are getting married, engaged, or you have a boyfriend?

Miss B: Huh? (blanked face, with a couple more ??? on her face)

Mr A :: So, is it true?

Miss B: Who told you this?

Mr A :: I forgot�. Well, err, actually I didn�t forget, but I can�t tell you my source

Miss B: Not engaged, I have a boyfriend ��

Fristlyl, Miss B is NOT close to Mr. A at all. This is probably her 4th of 5th time meeting him , via their common friends.

Secondly, Miss B only told her close female friends in UK that she started this relationship, close meaning excluding her common friends with Mr A. So, HOW on earth does Mr. A know about this?

Thirdly, the spectrum from having a partner, being engagaed to getting married is huge. Thank God the rumour didn't include Miss B being pregnant!

We know this, there are people who committed suicide because of rumours being spread and deceitful tongue.

The impact and the power of a six inch tongue....

"The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit " Proverbs 18: 21

The words of a gossip are like choice morsels; they go down to a man's inmost parts" Proverbs 18: 8

I am reminded..... to speak only edifying words for the purpose of encouraging and building others. I hope you are encouraged too.

1 comment:

  1. Patrick5:33 pm

    yes, well... some of us only have sufficient brain capacity for one language...

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...