Pages

Sunday, 12 September 2004

The eldest son in the prodigal son story

The highlight of the week is the story of the prodigal son. God has shed light into my heart.The eldest son in the story appealed to me. He was always with his father but he never understood his father's love, he only worked hard to earn his love. When he realised his father's love could not be earned, he was shocked. His father told him " I am always with you and all I have is yours." The eldest son only saw the material possession and blessings that his father gave his brother, he didn't realise all this while his father has given everythng to him. He was blind. Father's presence far exceed material and external possession. Father has given him the privillege of being his son! He didn't know how to enjoy all his inheritance and his father's love. It's a reminder that i am the child of God and God the father has given me everything, including his precious son. I want to enjoy His presence and tap into the richness of the inheritance given to me in Christ. i don't want to be blind, i want to open my heart to receive God's grace and love which is new every morning. I don't want to serve dutifully in the house of God, i want to enjoy God.

Psalm 16A miktam of David.
[1] 1 Keep me safe, O God, for in you I take refuge.
2 I said to the LORD , "You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing."
3 As for the saints who are in the land, they are the glorious ones in whom is all my delight.
4 The sorrows of those will increase who run after other gods. I will not pour out their libations of blood or take up their names on my lips.
5 LORD , you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure. 6 The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance.
7 I will praise the LORD , who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me.
8 I have set the LORD always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.
9 Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure,
10 because you will not abandon me to the grave, nor will you let your Holy One see decay.
11 You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...