Pages

Wednesday, 2 April 2003

Community Vs Individuals

Upon discussion with KMeng, i am reminded of the risk of my "privatised christianity".What do i mean by that?Well, it means being a pool of dead water, instead of a channel. It's easy to just enjoy the Love of God, and his amazing grace and blessing upon my life and be contented.However, i need to share this good gift with others.I am called to be the light of the world, and to love my neighbours as myself.This is not easy at all.Time and again, i need to check myself to tear down the pride and ego of Me and Myself.Instead, i need to pray and rely on the strength and help by the Holy Spirit to serve others humbly and selflessly, like Jesus.As Mother Theresa put it: " The wire is you and me; the current is God, We have the power to let the current pass through us, use us, and produce the light of the world-Jesus."I am afraid that i fail to be sensitive toward the needs of others.I want to be the good samaritan in Jesus parables.I don't want to be too busy looking after myself that i walked passed the poor and needy like the priest and Levites in the parable.

"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."James 1:27

Are you too busy to have time for others? If yes, You really are too busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...