Pages

Wednesday, 29 January 2003

SUNDAY 26th
Did my quiet time before i left for church.Took my bicycle out and it was raining, decided to take the bus.Waited at the bus stop, praying that God will send a bus as i was late.Had a strong prompting and the verse in Habakuk came to my mind.Obediently, i read Habakuk while waiting.Managed ti finish it and verse 17-19 struck me.

Went to King's Leigh, good to see them again after sometime.Saw this friend and shared with him about my buddhist friend.He said, Only God can make them see.I can't.

During praise and worship, my heart just raises worship and praise to God. I am reading "Legacy of Sovereign Joy", about the conversion and spiritual journey of Augustine.His life really inspired me.Was praying to God to grant me this sovereign Joy. To quote Augustine:
Grace is God's giving us sovereign joy in God that triumphs over joy in sin. In other words, God works deep in human heart
to transform the springs of joy so that we love God more than sex or anything else.Loving God is being so satisfied in God and so delighted in all that he is for us that his commandments cease to be burdensome. Freedom is to be so much in love with God and his ways that the very experience of choice is transcended. The key to Christian living is a thirst and a hunger for God. People do not experience the grace and the awakening of sovereign joy is that their hunger and thirst for God is so small.

One thing i ask of the Lord, this i seel: To dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, that i may gaze on the loveliness of the Lord and contemplate his temple (Psalm 27:4)
Augustine prayed: O lord, that i may love you,for i can find nothing more precious.Turn not away your face from me, that i may find what i seek.His zeal for the souls of men and women was that they might come to see the beauty of God nad love him. "If your delight is in soiuls, love them in God..and draw as many with you to him as you can.Happiness is to rejoice in you and for you and because of you.This is true happiness and there is no other.He is happy who possesses God. Not because God gives health, wealth, and prosperity, but because God IS our soul's joyful resting place.To make this known and experienced through Jesus Christ is the goal of evangelism and world missions.You made us for yourself and our hearts find no peace till they rest in you.

The power to save and sanctifies is the work of God deep beneath the human will to transform the springs of joy so that we love God more than food or friends or fame or family or money.Grace is the key because it is free and creates a new heart with new delights that govern the wil and the work of our lives.

O lord, open my eyes to see the sovereign sight that in your presence is fullness of joy and at yoru right hand are pleasures forevermore.Psalm 16:11

All the above is from the book Legacy of Sovereign Joy by John Piper.I prayed those prayer on Sunday.Then, in time of waiting, my heart was beating very fast, i knew i needed to go to the front and share.I did. I hared

Habakuk 3:17: Though the fig-tree does not bud
and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls,
YET i will rejoice in the LORD, i will BE JOYFUL IN GOF MY SAVIOUR.

The Sovereign Lord is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
he enables me to go on the heights.

The pastor shared and encouraged the congregation further.The other lady told me she had the same prompting to share the very same verse.I was very happy, because God blessed me to be a blessing to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...